Everyday's a holiday
Q. Are there any covenants I should be aware of?
A. All well planned developments must have covenants to protect a person’s investment and increase values combined with creating a harmonious and friendly
environment in which to live.
The covenants introduced at Harrington Waters have been kept to a minimum and are fair and equitable. A few of the more pertinent covenants are:
• Fences are not permitted along the front boundary of any lot and are not permitted to extend from the front building to the street frontage. All buildings must have a minimum internal area, including garage, as follows:
- Waterfront 250m2
- Golf Course 200m2
- Dry lots 180m2
• All buildings must be used as a private dwelling only. However, part of the building may be used by professional persons in the practice of their business.
• Garages must be constructed in the same material as the main building.
• The external walls of the building must be predominantly brick, stone, concrete or glass. Timber, aluminium or fibrous cement must not be more than 25% of the total area.
• Flat roofs and skillion type roofs are not permitted.
• Clothes lines must be hidden from the street and all public areas.
• The front boundary must be fully landscaped.
• The minimum ‘set back’ from the front boundary is 5 metres.
This is not a complete list and should be read as a guide only. For complete and accurate details of covenants refer to the Contract of Sale.
Q. How many holes are there on the Golf Course?
A. The course has been designed as a nine hole course. But there are two distinct tees for each green, to give the feel of playing an eighteen hole course.
Q. Is the land at Harrington Waters subject to flooding?
A. The simple answer is No. The developer warrants that all blocks will not be subject to the 1:100 year flood levels.
Q. How large is the overall development?
A. Harrington Waters is a large development encompassing 172 hectares (425 acres) and will accommodate some 1,100 home sites.
Q. Are there any houses for sale at Harrington Waters?
A. At any given time there are a number of House & Land packages available for sale, built by prominent builders from the surrounding areas.
Q. Will there be any shopping facilities at Harrington Waters?
A. In addition to the shops located at Harbour Village, the Harrington Waters Shopping Village is being built at the northern side of Harrington Road. It is due for completion early 2008.
Q. Is the land easy to build on?
A. All blocks have a geotechnical of “S” or “M”. This means that homes can be built with a slab on the ground resulting in minimal site costs.
Q. Are there any recreational facilities planned for Harrington Waters?
A. Yes. As part of the overall development and to further enhance the area there is the Harrigan’s Irish Pub superbly situated overlooking the water, the Harrigan’s River Lodge deluxe accommodation, marina berths and approximately 3km of foreshore walk around the harbour area. There are also many well-known local fishing areas sure to please the amateur and avid fisherman alike.
Q. Are there any maintenance fees payable for all the facilities?
A. No. All land is purchased as Torrens title and apart from the cost of the land and house, other than rates, there are no other fees payable.
Q. Is there any time limit in which building must be commenced and completed?
A. There is no time limit in which building must be commenced.
Q. Where are the majority of purchasers coming from?
A. Without doubt most of the people buying at Harrington Waters are couples leaving Sydney, Newcastle and the Central Coast to enjoy a better lifestyle and less hectic pace. A number of couples are also moving in from surrounding areas such as Forster / Tuncurry, Taree and Wingham along with areas to the north like Port Macquarie.